Now available: Online Permitting and payment option. Go to Quick Link: Online Permittng Services for more information on this new service click here
Welcome to the Permitting Department website!
The Permitting Department's mission is to insure compliance with adopted City building, zoning, fire, health and sanitation codes on all residential and commercial structures in order to protect the health, safety, and general welfare of the public. In order to facilitate this responsibility we provide a full range of plan review and construction inspecton services to support enforcement of the International Codes. In order to facilitate this responsibility we provide a full range of plan review and construction inspection services to support enforcement of the International Codes.
- Process permits and review plans for all remodeling and new construction.
- Conduct inspections for all permits issued upon client request.
- Enforce Codes to ensure public safety.
- Respond to citizen complaints regarding non-permitted structures and work.
- Share information on construction procedures and code requirements.
- Manage and maintain records for all permits issued within the City.
- Exceed client service expectations both professionally and efficiently.
- Support and provide assistance to citizens and businesses in all their building needs.
- Continue ongoing technical improvements to better serve our citizens.
Visit us at City Plaza (2nd Floor)
1034 E. Levee Street
Brownsville, Texas 78520